5th Alternative Accounts Europe Conference 2023Friday 6 - Friday 6 January 2023 Newcastle University Business School
Call for Papers
5th Alternative Accounts Europe (AAE) Conference
6 January 2023
The fifth Alternative Accounts Europe Conference (AAE) will be held at Newcastle University Business School on Friday 6th January 2023.
The conference aims to bring together faculty and doctoral students who are working within the broad category of the interdisciplinary and critical accounting project. We invite scholars to challenge dominant representations of accounting and to present alternative accounts of accounting practice, its diverse and multiple histories, contexts and constituents.
We are seeking contributions in the form of working papers but particularly encourage colleagues to present their material in non-conventional formats, utilising multiple media.
Topics to be addressed may include but are not limited to:
- Accounting for the public interest and the relationship between accounting and the state in various social formations.
- The accounting profession.
- Audit, ethics, corporate governance and organisational culture
- Accounting’s role in climate change, sustainability, health and wellbeing, biodiversity and ecological accounting.
- Accounting’s role in politics and political discourse.
- Accounting and social conflict, counter-accounting.
- Questioning corporate governance discourses and practices.
- Financial accounting’s role in the processes of international capital formation, including its impact on stock market stability and international banking activities.
- Management accounting’s role in the organisation and control of labour.
- Accounting history; Accounting and imperialism and post-colonialism
- Accounting’s role in the globalization processes and in promoting. neoliberalism and financialization.
Dr. Hendrik Vollmer (Warwick) on “Earth Accounting”. (Link to profile page)
Prof. Adam Leaver (Sheffield) on “Financialized Firms and Emissions Reporting”. (Link to profile page)
Please submit an extended abstract (maximum 1000 words) by 15 November 2022 to email@example.com. Following the review process, authors will be notified by 1 December 2022.
Please feel free to get in touch with our conference organising team for any queries regarding potential submissions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The conference will be an in-person full day conference on 6th January, with lunch and morning/afternoon refreshments provided. There will be a conference fee of £60.
Please use the following link to register: link
Registrations close on 31 December 2022.