24th Workshop on Accounting and Finance in Emerging EconomiesFriday 8 - Friday 8 December 2023 Essex Business School, University of Essex
We are pleased to announce the 24th Workshop on Accounting and Finance in Emerging Economies will be held on Friday, 8 December 2023 from 09:00 to 16:00.
The organising committee of the BAFA – Accounting and Finance in Emerging Economies Special Interest Group is pleased to announce its annual workshop to be held at Essex Business School, University of Essex, on Friday, 8 December 2023. The workshop aims to bring together academics working on accounting and finance issues concerning emerging economies. The workshop aims to raise the level of interest in the specific problems of accounting and finance in emerging economies; and increase awareness of real issues, so that accounting and finance in these countries will not just be seen as a matter of copying what is done in the industrialised countries. It provides an authoritative overview of the research and progress in this field..
BEST PAPER AWARDS
Two Best Paper Awards will be presented under the categories of doctoral and early career researchers whose work represents impactful research in the Emerging Economy Context.
Opens: 1 November 2023
Closes: 30 November 2023
Academic staff registration: £50
PhD students/doctoral candidates: £25
Buying a ticket registers you for this event. Tickets to BAFA conferences are only available to members. To purchase a ticket, log in to your account on the BAFA Membership Portal and click the 'Register for an Event' button. You will see the event listed, click on the red Register button. You will be able to pay using a debit/credit card.
If you are not already a member of BAFA, please sign up for membership. BAFA Annual Membership rates: Academic Staff: £30; Unsalaried PhD/MPhil Student or Retired Academic: £15.
Deadline: 13 November 2023
Full papers should be submitted to email@example.com by 17:00 (BST) on 13 November 2023. The outcome of your submissions will be communicated to authors by 20 November 2023. All correspondence in relation to paper submission must be sent to the above-mentioned email address.
The coverage of the workshop includes, but is not restricted to:
- Education, training, women in accounting, and the role of professional accounting Bodies
- Financial reporting and accounting standards, including international financial accounting standards
- Corporate governance, executive compensation, risk management and reporting
- Management accounting, including taxation, transfer pricing and tax avoidance
- Finance and banking issues, including behavioural accounting and finance
- Accounting and business history
- The impact of structural adjustment programmes on accounting practices
- Accounting, regulation, and privatisation
- Accounting and accountability issues, including social and environmental accounting
- Accounting practices in family businesses.
- The impact of culture, religion, ethnicity, and history on accounting and finance
- Public sector accounting and reforms, including new public management
- Accounting and finance in socio-economic development and poverty reduction.
TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION
How to get to Colchester Campus, parking and other travel information: Click here for more information.
Accommodation: Click here for more information.
Visit the local area – explore beyond the campus: click here for more information.
If your enquiry is in relation to paper submission, this must be sent to Dr Chaminda Wijethilake, Workshop Organise, Senior Lecturer in Accounting, Essex Business School, University of Essex.
Telephone: 01206 872465