The main purposes of the Auditing SIG are to further the Objects of BAFA by:
- encouraging research and scholarship in the areas of audit and assurance;
- establishing a network of researchers and teachers in auditing;
- enhancing the teaching of auditing;
- providing support for PhD students in auditing;
- developing close links with the accounting and/or finance profession so as to inform policy;
- and organising relevant conferences/events; developing and maintaining relationships with professional accountancy and/or finance institutes.