Accounting History Special Interest Group
The main purposes of the AHSIG are to further the Objects by: encouraging research and scholarship in the areas of accounting history; establishing a network of researchers and teachers in accounting history; enhancing the teaching of accounting history; providing support for PhD students in accounting history; developing close links with the accounting and/or finance profession so as to inform policy; publishing a newsletter and organising (and sponsoring) targeted workshops; developing and maintaining relationships with professional accountancy and/or finance institutes.
Welcome to the Accounting History Special Interest Group web-pages.
The main purposes of the AHSIG include:
- encouraging research and scholarship in accounting history;
- establishing and supporting a network of researchers and teachers in accounting history research;
- enhancing the teaching of accounting history;
- supporting the development of emerging scholars in accounting history;
- providing support for doctoral students in accounting history;
- providing a forum for interaction of ideas among accounting academics interested in accounting history;
- developing close links with similar groups elsewhere so as to foster and promote an international community of accounting historians.