The Committee of Departments of Accounting and Finance (CDAF) is a representative body concerned with matters of national importance in the management and leadership of University departments of Accounting and Finance. We are a formal committee of the British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA) and we aim to provide:
- A body of knowledge, expertise and experience in managing teaching & learning, research excellence and knowledge exchange within the Accounting and Finance discipline; bringing experts together; creating communities of best practice;
- A resource to support and represent academic managers/leaders and staff within the Accounting and Finance discipline;
- A forum for partnerships and collaboration between key stakeholders, including academia, industry and the professional bodies.
All Accounting and Finance University departments are eligible to join CDAF and we encourage current and prospective managers/leaders (Heads or Associate Heads of Departments/Schools, Programme Directors and Leaders of Learning and Teaching) to play an active part in our community.
CDAF offers its members a number of benefits including access to:
- An Annual National Conference (May annually);
- Professional Development Workshops for current and prospective managers/leaders of Accounting and Finance;
- An Annual Research Bursary Scheme;
- A communications network for the purposes of recruiting External Examiners and External Validation Panel Members;
- Regular face to face updates from the Professional Accountancy and Finance bodies;
- A forum for debating relevant issues and sharing good practice;
- A network of colleagues with similar managerial and leadership responsibilities.
To join CDAF, please contact Karen Aldridge (Secretary) at Karen.Aldridge@law.ac.uk