BAFA SITUATIONS VACANT - Interdisciplinary Perspectives SIG
There are several opportunities open for volunteers to work with BAFA. We accept self-nominations and nominations from friends/colleagues for posts. Please do not be too modest or wait to be asked – your interest in any of these positions would be very much welcomed.
Interdisciplinary Perspectives Special Interest Group (IPSIG)
There are several posts and opportunities open for volunteers to work with BAFA IPSIG.
The main purposes of the IPSIG are:
- to encourage research and scholarship in interdisciplinary accounting and finance research;
- to establish a network of researchers and teachers in interdisciplinary accounting research;
- to enhance the teaching of interdisciplinary accounting and finance;
- to provide support for doctoral students and ECRs in interdisciplinary accounting and finance research;
- to develop close links with the accounting and finance profession and help inform practice and policy;
- to organise workshops, doctoral colloquiums and other events;
- to develop and maintain relationships with BAFA, other BAFA SIGs and professional institutions; and
- to provide a forum for interaction, development of knowledge and skills and the sharing of ideas among interdisciplinary accounting and finance academics.
Expressions of interest are sought for the following three posts on the Executive Committee of IPSIG (such posts being held for a period of three (3) years):
The Chair, as leader of the Executive Board, is responsible for chairing IPSIG Executive Committee meetings, raising and coordinating actions points, reporting the business of IPSIG to the Executive Committee of BAFA annually and at the IPSIG AGM, liaising between the BAFA Executive Board and IPSIG when appropriate.
The Secretary is responsible for organising the IPSIG Executive Committee meetings and minutes, and support the Committee as required.
The Treasurer is responsible for managing and recording the financial activities of the IPSIG, to include the preparation of its annual financial accounts and managing the bank accountAll IPSIG Executive Committee members would be responsible for attending Executive Committee meetings, promoting the IPSIG, organising and contributing toward IPSIG events.
To be considered for election you must be a member of BAFA and of the BAFA IPSIG.
For consideration for these roles, we request that those expressing an interest provide an up-to-date CV and a brief statement (not more than 200-300 words) indicating the contribution you intend to make to the IPSIG and the Executive Committee.
Deadline: Expressions of interest for these posts should be emailed to the following before 12:00 (noon) on 11 September 2023:
Sara Closs-Davies (Chair) email@example.com
Christina Neokleous (Secretary) firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find details of the current members of the BAFA IPSIG Executive Committee on the IPSIG website. Please contact Sara or Christina if you wish to talk to us about any of these roles and/or membership.
Appointments are made under our Diversity and Inclusion Policy and are overseen by our Diversity and Inclusion Monitoring Committee.