BAFA Vacancy: Secretary of FARSIG
There are several opportunities open for volunteers to work with BAFA. We accept self-nominations and nominations from friends/colleagues for posts. Please do not be too modest or wait to be asked—your interest in any of these positions would be very much welcomed.
BAFA Financial Accounting and Reporting Special Interest Group (FARSIG)
The Financial Accounting and Reporting Special Interest Group (FARSIG) invites expressions of interest and nominations for the post of Secretary on the Executive Committee. The election of the new Secretary will be held at the FARSIG Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) on 14 January 2022.
The role involves promoting FARSIG and BAFA in accordance with their aims. Specifically, for FARSIG these are to:
- encourage research and scholarship in Financial Accounting and Reporting;
- establish a network of researchers and teachers; enhance teaching;
- provide support for PhD students in Financial Accounting and Reporting;
- develop close links with the accounting profession so as to inform policy;
- promote financial accounting through its newsletter and periodic special workshops and events.
Further, with the Chair and Treasurer as executive officers to provide due oversight of the FARSIG activities and ensure compliance with BAFA policies and external compliance such as GDPR. Operationally, the Secretary is responsible for:
- Attending and minuting FARSIG committee meetings and the Annual General Meeting. There are normally at least two committee meetings during the year held at the FARSIG symposium (January) and FRBC conference (July).
- Providing minutes to all FARSIG committee members and a summary to the annual newsletter.
- Promoting and administering doctoral and early career FARSIG bursary schemes.
- Liaising with the Chair, Treasurer, Publicity Officer, and other appropriate committee members in respect of FARSIG symposium and FRBC conference organisation.
- Liaising with the Chair and other committee members in respect of the BAFA annual conference activities such as the selection of papers to be accepted on behalf of the SIG.
The new Secretary shall serve for three (3) years following the EGM on 14 January 2022.
The deadline for receipt of interest is 7 January 2022 (12:00 pm GMT).
Please contact the Secretary Penny Chaidali (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details on the role and to formally express interest.
Appointments are made under our Diversity and Inclusion Policy and are overseen by our Diversity and Inclusion Monitoring Committee.