BAFA FARSIG Post-doctoral / Early Career Bursary Scheme 2023
Deadline for applications is 15 October 2023.
FARSIG has a commitment to encourage research and scholarship in financial accounting and reporting. An inherent part of this commitment is to post-doctoral and early career researchers in financial accounting and reporting subject areas. Relevant subjects cover all aspects of financial accounting and reporting.
FARSIG is now inviting post-doctoral/early career researchers in financial accounting and reporting to apply for financial support to help with their on-going research. You should hold a full-time position at a UK university and be within three years of completing your PhD.
The bursary award would be for a maximum of £2,000.
- A statement as to why you are applying for the bursary and any other funding/support.
- Two-page summary of your research, research aims, timescales, and target journal.
- There is no proforma application.
- Clear costings and timelines to support bursary application:
- This would normally be data collection costs, transcription costs, research training costs, or other direct costs in supporting you with your research data and writing-up;
- Fees and conference attendance are not eligible costs;
- Data/statistical analysis are not eligible costs;
- Expenses will only be reimbursed on production of supporting invoices.
- A signed formal letter of support from your department/institution must be provided with the application.
- Successful applicants should use the money within two years from the day of the award.
- It is a condition of any bursary award that the recipient is a member of BAFA and will present their research at a future Financial Reporting and Business Communication (FRBC) event—normally within 2 years of the bursary award.
Each application received will be reviewed by members of the FARSIG committee. The committee will determine the final bursary awards and applicants will be informed.
The closing date for applications is 15 October 2023 and all applicants will be informed of the decision by the end of November 2023.