The Public Services and Charities SIG acts as a forum for all those interested in the financing, accounting and financial management of public services and charities. The SIG aims to:
- encourage research and scholarship in the accounting and financial management of public services and charities;
- establish a network of researchers and educators;
- provide support for PhD students in public services accounting and financial management;
- develop close links with policy makers and accounting practitioners in public services and inform public policy through the dissemination of research
- work with professional accountancy bodies to stimulate research in public services and charities
- promote research and education through conferences and workshops and through research bursary schemes.