- Inaugural Alternative Accounts Europe Conference, 2017. We had two excellent plenary speakers, professors Sonja Gallhofer and Robin Roslender. In addition, there was an exciting stream of papers entitled “Artfully Alternative Accounts”, as part of the conference. The conference was held on 13th Sept 2017 at the University of Sheffield and was co-organised by the BAFA IPSIG and CRAFiC@Sheffield.
- Plenary session at 2017 BAFA conference - The plenary session was delivered by Professor Kathryn Haynes on the topic of "Accounting as gendering and gendered: a review of 25 years of critical accounting research on gender".
- CRAFiC@Sheffield Second Annual Theory and Methods Workshop, 2017 - The workshop, co-organised with the IPSIG, was led by Professor Jane Broadbent and focused on the work of Jurgen Habermas. The workshop was held on 23 May 2017 at the University of Sheffield.
- Plenary session at 2016 BAFA conference - The plenary session was delivered by Professor Lynne Oats on the topic of "Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Taxation: Within and Beyond Accounting".
- CRAFiC@Sheffield Inaugural theory and methods workshop - following on from the success of the Tony Lowe Celebration event in June 2015 (that we co-organised) we teamed up with CRAFiC at the University of Sheffield for a workshop on theory and methods in accounting and finance research. The workshop was be led Professor Christine Cooper and focused on the work of Pierre Bourdieu.
- Plenary session at 2015 BAFA conference - This year the plenary session was a panel discussion on "The Future of Interdisciplinary Accounting Research". The panel included professors Jeffrey Unerman, Jim Haslam and Andy Stark
- Plenary session at 2014 BAFA conference - The plenary session was delivered by Professor Christine Cooper on the topic of "Accounting for the fictitious: A Marxist contribution to understanding accounting’s role in the financial crisis".