Financial Markets and Institutions Special Interest Group
Welcome to the Financial Markets and Institutions Special Interest Group web-pages.
Established in 2007, the Financial Markets and Institutions Special Interest Group provides a forum for established and emerging academics interested in analytical and empirical analysis of financial markets and financial institutions.
The Financial Markets and Institutions Special Interest Group aims to:
- Encourage research and scholarship in Financial Markets and Institutions and cognate fields of inquiry.
- Provide support for PhD students in Financial Markets and Institutions .
- Provide a forum for established academics to meet and exchange ideas.
- Develop close links with professional bodies relevant to FM&I SIG membership so as to inform policy.
- Organise workshops and activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the British Accounting Association.
Chair: Professor John O.S.Wilson (University of St Andrews)
Treasurer: Professor David McMillan (University of Stirling)
Secretary: Professor Philip Hamill (Institute of Bankers, Ireland)
Dr Barbara Casu (Cass Business School)
Professor Jerry Coakley (Essex University)
Professor Phil Molyneux (Bangor University)
Professor Mike Adams (University of Bath)
Professor Seth Armitage (University of Edinburgh)
Dr John Ashton (Bangor University)
Dr Panagiotis Charitos (University of Westminster)
Dr Dimitris Chronpoulos (University of St Andrews)
Professor Claudia Girardone (Essex University)
Professor Owain ap Gwlym (Bangor University)
Dr Andreas Hoepner (University of Reading)
Professor Robert Hudson (Hull University)
Professor Stuart Hyde (Manchester University)
Dr Elena Kalotychou (Cass Business School )
Dr Hong Liu (University of Glasgow)
Dr Sotiris Staikouras (Cass Business School)
Further details about the group and its activities at: