19th Workshop on Accounting and Finance in Emerging EconomiesThursday 20 - Friday 21 June 2019 University of Economics, Prague (VSE)
The 19th Workshop on Accounting and Finance in Emerging Economies will take place on Thursday, 20 June 2019 (Start 12: 00 noon) to Friday, 21 June 2019 (Finish 3: 00pm) at the Department of Management Accounting, University of Economics, Prague (VSE), nám. Winstona Churchilla, 1938/4, 130 67 Praha 3, Prague, Czech Republic.
On this occasion, we would be welcoming two distinguished guest speakers:
Professor Trevor Hopper, Professor of Accounting, University of Sussex, UK andVictoria University of Wellington, New Zealand.
Professor Shahzad Uddin, Professor of Accounting, Essex Business School, University of Essex, UK.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Submission Deadline: 15 April 2019
The workshop aims to bring together academics working on accounting and finance issues concerning emerging economies. The workshop aims to: raise the level of interest in the specific problems of accounting and finance in emerging economies; and increase awareness of real issues, so that accounting and finance in these countries will not just be seen as a matter of copying what is done in the industrialized countries. It provides an authoritative overview of the research and progress in this field.
The coverage of the workshop includes, but is not restricted to:
- Education, training, women in accounting, and the role of professional accounting Bodies
- Financial reporting and accounting standards, including international financial accounting standards
- Corporate governance, executive compensation, risk management and reporting
- Management accounting, including taxation, transfer pricing and tax avoidance
- Finance and banking issues, including behavioural accounting and finance
- Accounting and business history
- The impact of structural adjustment programmes on accounting practices
- Accounting, regulation, and privatisation
- Accounting and accountability issues, including social and environmental accounting
- Accounting practices in family businesses.
- The impact of culture, religion, ethnicity, and history on accounting and finance
- Public sector accounting and reforms, including new public management
- Accounting and finance in socio-economic development and poverty reduction.
Full papers should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org (with the subject: Paper Submission for the 19th Workshop) by the deadline Monday, 15 April 2019.
The outcome of your submissions will be communicated to you by 1 May 2019.
All correspondence in relation to paper submission must be sent to the above-mentioned email address.
Any practical enquiries about the venue (e.g., travel, accommodation) can be sent to Dr Jaroslav Wagner as per the contact details mentioned below.
HOW TO REGISTER
Registration opens: 8 April 2019
Registration closes: 14 June 2019
Doctoral Students: £50
The fee includes two lunches, refreshments, two coffee breaks and a dinner cruise on the evening of 20 June 2019 (7-10 pm). If you have any specific dietary requirement (e.g., vegetarian, allergies), please specify this during the registration process.
Buying a ticket registers you for this event. Tickets to BAFA conferences are only available to members. To purchase a ticket, log in to your account on the BAFA Membership Portal ( https://members.bafa.ac.uk/) and click the 'Purchase Tickets' button. Select the appropriate ticket for the event you want to attend, and follow instructions. If you are not already a member of BAFA, please sign up for membership at https://members.bafa.ac.uk/signup. Further information on how to register for BAFA events can be found here: http://www.bafa.ac.uk/assets/uploads/conference-workshop-registration.pdf
BAFA Annual Membership rates: Academic Staff: £30
Unsalaried PhD/MPhil Student or Retired Academic: £15
Please note that we are unable take payment on the day.
New Building, Rooms NB177a and NB177b (2nd floor), University of Economics, Prague (VSE), nám.Winstona Churchilla 1938/4, 130 67 Praha 3, Czech Republic.
The workshop will run from 12.00pm (Noon) on Thursday, 20 June 2 to Friday, 21 June (3.00pm).
To reach the venue:
Closest Airport is: Vaclav Havel Airport Prague (https://www.prg.aero/en#/), this is the only international airport in Prague
How to get to the venue:
By Public Transport: the best option is as follows: Bus 119 from Terminal 1 to Nadrazi Veleslavin; Metro Line A from Nadrazi Veleslavin to Mustek (direction Depo Hostivar), follow the exit Vaclavske namesti; Tram 9 from Vaclavske namesti to Husinecka (direction Spojovaci); total time cca 45 minutes, for other options see https://www.prg.aero/en/public-transport-buses
By Taxi: AAA Taxi Prague (https://www.aaataxi.cz/en/prague-airport-taxi/)
The following hotels are nearby the venue, please book directly with your chosen hotel:
- Hotel Ariston*** (https://www.hotelaristonpatioprague.cz/en/) – 5 minutes walking distance to the university campus, 3 tram stops to city centre; rates from 90 EUR/night
- K+K Hotel Central**** (https://www.kkhotels.com/prague/hotel-central) – 10 minutes walking distance to the university campus, very close to city centre, rates from 165 EUR/night
- University Hotel** (https://www.hotelvse.cz/en/university-hotel/) – 12 minutes by tram to the university campus (tram 9), 20 minutes by tram to city centre; rates from 65 EUR/night
Note: The university campus is quite close to city centre where you can find a plenty of hotels.
Have questions or need further information?
If your enquiry is in relation to paper submission, this must be sent to Dr Karim Sorourat the email address below:
Dr Karim Sorour
Associate Professor of Accounting
Head of Accounting Subject- Accounting and Financial Management Department
Newcastle Business School
Northumbria University, Newcastle, City Campus
Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE1 8ST
Telephone: +44(0)191 2274376
If your enquiry is in relation to the venue, travel and accommodation, this should be sent to Dr Jaroslav Wagner at the email address below:
Dr Jaroslav Wagner
Head of Department and Associate Professor of Accounting
Department of Management Accounting
University of Economics, Prague (VSE)
nám. Winstona Churchilla 1938/4, 130 67 Praha 3
Telephone: +420 608 701 749
[Credit: Photograph by Xjura00 at cs.wikipedia, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=8914531]