BAFA Corporate Governance SIG Conference and Doctoral ColloquiumMonday 10 - Tuesday 11 September 2018 Sheffield University Management School, Sheffield
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE MEMBERSHIP PORTAL FOR REGISTRATION PURPOSES IS OFFLINE TEMPORARILY. IT IS BEING WORKED ON AND WILL BE BACK ONLINE IN TIME TO BUY YOUR CONFERENCE TICKET. IN THE MEANTIME, PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com TO ADVISE HER OF YOUR INTEREST IN ATTENDING.
Is Corporate Governance Witnessing a Coming of Age?
International cases of weak corporate governance and accountability abound and there is a growing need to enhance governance mechanisms and ensure effective governance and accountability. Barely a day passes without a governance related news in the papers and media. Corporate governance is a dynamic, fast-moving area both in practice and in academic research. This two-day conference and doctoral colloquium brings together governance researchers and practitioners from around the world. We are also planning to celebrate 21 years of the BAFA SIGCG.
There will be guest speakers from academia and practice on both days including Professor Istemi Demirag (Founder of the BAFA SIGCG), Professor Bob Garratt (CASS Business School), Dr. Sharif Khalid, Professor Noel O’Sullivan (Loughborough University), Neil Stevenson (IIRC) and Dr. Chinyere Uche (University of Bristol).
The first day will comprise a doctoral colloquium where doctoral researchers in corporate governance will have an opportunity to present their work and receive feedback. The full conference will take place on the second day.
Call for Abstracts
Deadline: 30 June 2018
This call asks for abstracts on topics including:
- governance mechanisms including boards, board committees, NEDs
- executive remuneration and pay structures
- governance in the public, not-for- profit and charity sectors
- accountability mechanisms including audit, internal audit, stakeholder
- engagement, institutional investor meetings and responsible investment
- governance and accountability issues in emerging and developing economies
- social and environmental accounting, integrated reporting and sustainability
- codes of practice and their effectiveness and development
- critical perspectives on governance and accountability
- methodological issues and methods applied in corporate governance research
- exploring future directions for research in corporate governance
- corporate governance in emerging economies
Please send your abstracts to Professor Jill Atkins for consideration by the BAFA SIG CG Executive Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 June 2018.
The delegate rate for the main conference is £100. The rate for PhD students whose abstracts are accepted is £30 for the doctoral colloquium and £60 if they wish to attend the conference as well. The rates include meals and refreshments.
Tickets to BAFA conferences are only available to current members.
To purchase a ticket, log in to your account on the BAFA Membership Portal and click the 'Purchase Tickets' button. Select the appropriate ticket for the conference you want to attend, and follow instructions. Further information on how to register for BAFA events can be found on our Conference FAQs page.