CDAF will be offering a further tranche of research bursaries in 2015. Awards of up to £2,000 will be available. This includes funding available for the dissemination of research at a conference on completion.
Applications are invited in either of the following categories:
- empirical/applied research in accounting
- research into pedagogical and curriculum issues in accounting.
Applications from both individuals and groups are welcome. The following conditions will apply.
- Bursaries are intended as ‘pump priming’ for new or returning researchers and are only available to lecturers who are new to research or who have taken a break from research (i.e. those who have received no previous research funding from any external source or who have no refereed publications within the last five years). They are not available to fund PhD programmes or preliminary work for PhDs.
- Every application must include a letter from the relevant Head of Department confirming departmental support for the proposal along with the eligibility of the applicant(s).
- Award recipients will be expected to offer a paper to a relevant BAFA regional, SIG or BAFA Annual Conference within 18 months of the receipt of the first instalment of the award. If satisfactory progress is not made the bursary may be withdrawn. Successful candidates will be expected to submit a progress report at an appropriate point.
- Applicants must be employed by institutions which are fully paid-up members of CDAF on the date of the award decision.
- Payments will be made in two instalments, the second of which will only be paid once a satisfactory interim report has been received. This will be paid into the applicant’s university and given the size of the award overheads should not be deducted..
CDAF also offers a £100 prize for the best paper published as a result of a successful applicant’s research.
Two copies of the application should be submitted in accordance with the guidelines (please see separate file), with no application exceeding 4 sides of A4 paper in length (excluding references). Font type size must not be less than 12 point and each application must be accompanied by:
- a summary CV, no longer than 3 sides of A4, including details of any research experience and training (e.g. attendance at CDAF/BAFA research methods workshops).
- a letter of support and confirmation of eligibility from the applicant’s Head of Department.
Applications which do not comply with the above will not be considered.
Applicants should send a hard copy of the application, CV and letter to:
Dr David Russell
Dean | College of Business
University of Derby
Derby DE22 1GB
In case of query, the contact details are Tel: 01332 591400 and email: email@example.com
Applications, summary CV’s and letters should arrive by: 30 April 2015 (for a decision at the May executive meeting).