Annual MARG/MCA Conference
The annual Management Accounting Research Group (MARG) in association with the Management Control Association (MCA) is to be held on Thursday 23and Friday 24 November 2017 at Aston Business School, Birmingham.
Each day of the conference and will include some plenary presentations and a panel discussion. Invited speakers at this year’s conference include:
- Ian Thomson, Professor of Accounting and Sustainability, University of Birmingham
- Suzana Grubnic, Senior Lecturer in Accounting, University of Loughborough
- Jean-Pascal Gond, Professor of Corporate Social Responsibility, CASS Business School
- Christian Herzig, Professor of Accounting, Nottingham Trent University
- Martin P Thomas, Consultant and co-author of The Multi-Capital Scorecard
- Richard Spencer, Head of Sustainability at ICAEW
- Erik Strauss, Professor of Accounting and Control, Witten/Herdecke University, Germany
The conference and the panel on day 1 will be chaired by Professor Elaine Harris, who is also chair of the Management Control Association (MCA). There will be an ICAEW representative and some of the plenary speakers on the panel for a question and answer session to encourage audience participation.