Positions available at BAFA
There are several opportunities open for volunteers to work with BAFA. We accept self-nominations and nominations from friends/colleagues for posts. Please do not be too modest or wait to be asked – your interest in any of these positions would be very much welcomed. All you need to do is write to the General Secretary, Richard Jackson via email@example.com to express your interest in the position and he or one of the other executive officers will get back to you to discuss the next steps.
1. Convenor, Doctoral Masterclass (available from early 2019). The new role holder will shadow the incumbent in the run up to and during the Birmingham 2019 BAFA Annual Conference with Doctoral Masterclasses, and will assume responsibility for the 2020 Masterclass onwards. The role includes membership of the BAFA Executive Committee.
2. There are several vacancies arising at various points for BAFA Executive roles including Treasurer, Vice President, and General Secretary. Please contact the General Secretary for an informal discussion.
3. BAFA Communications: this is a new role effective immediately. We are looking for someone able to develop the content of our website and social media in particular, as well as liaise with the website developer. We would like to make BAFA as outward looking as possible, so this would suit someone with a vision for how we can better communicate who we are and what we do to a wide audience. Effective immediately by co-option. The person would be on the BAFA Executive Committee but not an executive officer.
4. Chair, Treasurer, and Secretary (three separate posts) of the Financial Markets and Institutions Special Interest Group. Available immediately.
5. CPAF Committee, Elected Member: elected members are nominated to the committee for two years and are actively involved in the work of CPAF which, for example, includes submitting responses to consultations on REF2021. This position is for a Professor of Accounting or Finance.
6. Non-Executive Trustees of BAFA, available from 1 May 2019. The role involves being part of the committee that makes strategic decisions for BAFA and has legal responsibility for it as a charitable entity.