Positions available at BAFA
There are several opportunities open for volunteers to work with BAFA. We accept self-nominations and nominations from friends/colleagues for posts. Please do not be too modest or wait to be asked – your interest in any of these positions would be very much welcomed. All you need to do is write to the General Secretary, Richard Jackon via firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in the position and he or one of the other executive officers will get back to you to discuss the next steps.
1. Vice President: under the new constitution amendment agreed at the Annual Meeting in April 2018 we are able to put a VP in place. The VP would work with the president and the other executive officers to develop new initiatives and to ensure the smooth management of the Association. Position effective immediately by co-option. We would anticipate that the VP would go onto be president in 2020.
2. Chair of the South West Area Group: nominees should be based in a University in the South West of England and Wales, and will be responsible for leading the group, primarily through the Annual SWAG Conference. The chair will also sit on the BAFA Executive Committee which meets twice a year. Position effective asap.
3. CPAF Secretary/Treasurer – this position is for a professor in accounting or finance to help lead CPAF. The Secretary/Treasurer normally progresses to vice-Chair and then Chair of CPAF over a 5 year period. Elections in September 2018.
4. BAFA Communications: this is a new role effective immediately. We are looking for someone able to develop the content of our website and social media in particular, as well as liaise with the website developer. We would like to make BAFA as outward looking as possible, so this would suit someone with a vision for how we can better communicate who we are and what we do to a wide audience. Effective immediately by co-option. The person would be on the BAFA Executive Committee but not an executive officer.
5. BAFA Treasurer: we are looking for someone to take over as BAFA treasurer from 1 May 2019. Talk to one of the executive officers for more information. Elections in April 2019.