Positions available at BAFA
There are several opportunities open for volunteers to work with BAFA. We accept self-nominations and nominations from friends/colleagues for posts. Please do not be too modest or wait to be asked – your interest in any of these positions would be very much welcomed.
1. Financial Accounting and Reporting Special Interest Group (FARSIG)
The Financial Accounting and Reporting Special Interest Group (FARSIG) invites expressions of interest and nominations for the post of Treasurer on the Executive Committee.
The role of Treasurer involves promoting FARSIG and BAFA in accordance with their aims. Specifically for FARSIG these are to:
- encourage research and scholarship in Financial Accounting and Reporting;
- establish a network of researchers and teachers; enhance teaching;
- provide support for PhD students in Financial Accounting and Reporting;
- develop close links with the accounting profession so as to inform policy;
- promote financial accounting through its newsletter and periodic special workshops and events.
Further, with the Chair and Secretary as executive officers to provide due oversight of the FARSIG activities and ensure compliance with BAFA policies and external compliance such as GDPR.
Operationally, the Treasurer is responsible for:
- Liaising with appropriate committee members (i.e., the Publicity officer, the Chair and Secretary) in respect of FARSIG symposium and FRBC conference organisation.
- In co-operation with the Chair and Secretary, handling the financing arrangements of the SIG in relation to FARSIG symposium and FRBC conference organisation.
- Handling any other transactions the SIG is involved with (e.g. costs for Newsletter and payments for Bursaries and Scholarships).
- Preparing the SIG’s annual financial statements.
Please contact the Secretary Penny Chaidali (chai
The deadline for receipt of interest is 18 October 2019 at 12pm.