Positions available at BAFA
There are several opportunities open for volunteers to work with BAFA. We accept self-nominations and nominations from friends/colleagues for posts. Please do not be too modest or wait to be asked – your interest in any of these positions would be very much welcomed.
1. Auditing Special Interest Group (ASIG)
We currently have vacancies for elected membership of the committee and also vacancies for co-opted members, to start in May 2020. All the roles are for general committee membership to assist the current office holders.
In addition, the term of the chairperson of the Auditing SIG has come to the end. The chairperson officer role has the following basic duties:
- To set the strategic vision for the direction of the SIG and oversee the operational aspects of achieving the strategic vision in line with the overall objectives as set out in the Audit SIG's constitution.
- Also, to represent ASIG externally.
- Finally, to be responsible for the planning and execution of the annual Audit & Assurance Conference, and to chair and set up an organising scientific conference committee which makes decisions, especially around the conference venue and date, and the overall scientific content of the conference.
All new members shall serve for three years following the AGM on 23 May 2020.
Please contact the Chairperson Dr ilias Basioudis (email@example.com) for any further details on the roles and to formally express interest.
We encourage and welcome applications from any background to ensure diversity amongst our membership. We also encourage potential applicants to play an active part in our community.
The deadline for receipt of interest is 23 April 2020 at 12pm.
Financial Accounting and Reporting Special Interest Group (FARSIG)
POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
The Financial Accounting and Reporting Special Interest Group (FARSIG) invites expressions of interest and nominations for the post of Treasurer on the Executive Committee.
The role of Treasurer involves promoting FARSIG and BAFA in accordance with their aims. Specifically for FARSIG these are to:
- encourage research and scholarship in Financial Accounting and Reporting;
- establish a network of researchers and teachers; enhance teaching;
- provide support for PhD students in Financial Accounting and Reporting;
- develop close links with the accounting profession so as to inform policy;
- promote financial accounting through its newsletter and periodic special workshops and events.
Further, with the Chair and Secretary as executive officers to provide due oversight of the FARSIG activities and ensure compliance with BAFA policies and external compliance such as GDPR.
Operationally, the Treasurer is responsible for:
- Liaising with appropriate committee members (i.e., the Publicity officer, the Chair and Secretary) in respect of FARSIG symposium and FRBC conference organisation.
- In co-operation with the Chair and Secretary, handling the financing arrangements of the SIG in relation to FARSIG symposium and FRBC conference organisation.
- Handling any other transactions the SIG is involved with (e.g. costs for Newsletter and payments for Bursaries and Scholarships).
- Preparing the SIG’s annual financial statements.
Please contact the Secretary Penny Chaidali (chai
The deadline for receipt of interest is 18 October 2019 at 12pm.