Positions available at BAFA
There are several opportunities open for volunteers to work with BAFA. We accept self-nominations and nominations from friends/colleagues for posts. Please do not be too modest or wait to be asked – your interest in any of these positions would be very much welcomed.
1. BAFA Executive Roles
There are several vacancies arising at various points in 2020/21 for BAFA executive roles including Vice President, and General Secretary. Please contact the president Lisa Jack or the vice president Teerooven Soobaroyen for an informal discussion. Elections will be held in April 2020.
2. South West Area Group (SWAG)
BAFA South West Area Group (SWAG) invites expressions of interest in the role of Secretary and Treasurer. The SWAG re-launched its annual conference in 2019 and now seeks an individual to serve as Secretary and Treasurer to support the Chairperson and drive the group forward. If you are interested in the role, please email Brian Telford, Chairperson: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for receipt of interest is: 16 March 2020.
3. British Accounting Review
The Trustees are seeking Expressions of Interest for new Editors of the British Accounting Review (BAR) journal. Details will follow in a separate communication but if you are interested, please contact Lisa Jack President of BAFA at email@example.com for further information.
4. Scottish Area Group (SAG)
The Scottish Area Group (SAG) invites expressions of interest and nominations for the post of Chair on the Executive Committee. The post is for a period of three (3) years.
The role of Chair involves promoting SAG and BAFA in accordance with their aims and to provide due oversight of the SAG activities and ensure compliance with BAFA policies and external compliance such as GDPR.
Operationally, the Chair is responsible for leading a team to do the following:
- Working with a host institution to organise the Scottish Area Group Annual Conference in August/September and its associated activities, including attracting and inviting keynote speaker(s) for the event;
- Attracting sponsorship for the event (either at the SAG level or for individual SAG annual meetings);
- Producing financial statements for the SAG;
- Running the AGM for the SAG;
- Attendance and participation at the BAFA executive committee meetings in April and September
Please contact Teerooven Soobaroyen (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details on the role and to formally express interest.
The deadline for receipt of interest is: Monday, 28 February 2020.
5. Auditing Special Interest Group (ASIG)
We currently have vacancies for elected membership of the committee and also vacancies for co-opted members, to start in May 2020. All the roles are for general committee membership to assist the current office holders.
In addition, the term of the chairperson of the Auditing SIG has come to the end. The chairperson officer role has the following basic duties:
- To set the strategic vision for the direction of the SIG and oversee the operational aspects of achieving the strategic vision in line with the overall objectives as set out in the Audit SIG's constitution.
- Also, to represent ASIG externally.
- Finally, to be responsible for the planning and execution of the annual Audit & Assurance Conference, and to chair and set up an organising scientific conference committee which makes decisions, especially around the conference venue and date, and the overall scientific content of the conference.
All new members shall serve for three years following the AGM on 23 May 2020.
Please contact the Chairperson Dr ilias Basioudis (email@example.com) for any further details on the roles and to formally express interest.
We encourage and welcome applications from any background to ensure diversity amongst our membership. We also encourage potential applicants to play an active part in our community.
The deadline for receipt of interest is 23 April 2020 at 12pm.