Positions available at BAFA
There are several opportunities open for volunteers to work with BAFA. We accept self-nominations and nominations from friends/colleagues for posts. Please do not be too modest or wait to be asked – your interest in any of these positions would be very much welcomed.
BAFA FARSIG Chair
The Financial Accounting and Reporting Special Interest Group (FARSIG) was established by Michael Jones in 2006. FARSIG is now looking to appoint a new Chair at its AGM in July 2021. We therefore invite expressions of interest and nominations for the post of Chair on the Executive Committee. The new Chair shall serve for three (3) years following the AGM in July 2021.
The role of Chair involves promoting FARSIG and BAFA in accordance with their aims. Specifically, for FARSIG these are to:
- encourage research and scholarship in Financial Accounting and Reporting;
- establish a network of researchers and teachers; enhance teaching;
- provide support for PhD students in Financial Accounting and Reporting;
- develop close links with the accounting profession so as to inform policy;
- promote financial accounting through its newsletter and periodic special workshops and events.
Further, with the Secretary and Treasurer as executive officers to provide due oversight of the FARSIG activities and ensure compliance with BAFA policies and external compliance such as GDPR. Operationally, the Chair will be responsible for:
- Working with a host institution to organise the annual Financial Reporting and Business Communication (FRBC) conference in July.
- Organising and running the FARSIG Symposium in January;
- In co-operation with the Treasurer, producing financial statements for the FARSIG;
- Running meetings, including the AGM for the FARSIG;
- Attendance and participation at the BAFA executive committee meetings in April and September;
- Working with committee members to prepare the FARSIG newsletter and run the FARSIG bursary schemes.
Please contact our secretary, Penny Chaidali (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details on the role and to formally express interest. Please note that if there is more than one candidate for the role then there will need to be an election.
The deadline for receipt of interest is Monday, 7 of June 2021.
Appointments are made under our Diversity and Inclusion Policy and are overseen by our Diversity and Inclusion Monitoring Committee.