Membership of BAFA
Please note that BAFA will shortly be launching a new web-site that will also incorporate a new on-line subscription facility. As a result, all previous payment methods have been suspended.
The membership subscription period runs from 1 January to 31 December. If you join at the start or later in the subscripotion period, you will still receive the four copies of the British Accounting Review (and, in the year of publication, the British Accounting Review Research Register).
The membership subscription rates are £25 for direct debit ayments or £30 if you pay by credit card (please note reduced subscription rates are available for unsalaried PhD/MPhil students and retired members). The benefits of membership include:
- free subscription and on-line access to the quarterly refereed journal The British Accounting Review;
- eligibility to join the Special Interest Groups of BAFA (which includes Accounting in Emerging Economies, Auditing, Corporate Governance, Education, Financial Accounting and Reporting, Financial Markets and Institutions, Interdisciplinary Perspectives, and Public Services);
- eligibility to join the Regional Groups of BAFA (which includes Northern, Scottish, South Eastern and South Westrn);
- eligibility to attend the conferences, seminars, research workshops, doctoral colloquium and summer schools organised by BAFA's sub-groups;
- reduced personal subscription rates for other journals, including Critical Perspectives on Accounting and Accounting Education.
Please note that:
- BAFA is not a qualifying body for the purposes of practising accounting and finance, and members are not allowed to use or advertise their membership for business purposes;
- BAFA does not issue a membership certificate.